The Happiest Facts Of All Time
You need this if you’re having a rough day. This post was inspired by a Reddit post asking people to share “the happiest fact you know.”
1. Otters hold hands while sleeping so they don’t float apart.
2. Norway once knighted a penguin.
The penguin’s full name is Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav.
3. Blind people smile despite having never seen someone smile before. It is just a natural human reaction.
4. Despite there being a 1 in 40 million chance of you having been born, your ancestors have successfully had children up until you.
5. A cat version of the corgi exists: the munchkin cat.
And the voice of Mickey Mouse and the voice of Minnie Mouse got married in real life…
Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor.
The voice actor of SpongeBob and the voice actor of Plankton’s computer wife are married in real life…
Tom Kenny and Jill Talley.
Charlie and the waitress from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” are married in real life…
And JD and Turk are actually best friends in real life.
6. Spiders can’t fly.
7. There’s a competition in Sweden called Kaninhoppning, or rabbit show jumping.
8. The last man to walk on the moon, Gene Cernan, promised his daughter he’d write her initials on the moon. He did, and her initials, “TDC,” will probably be on the moon for tens of thousands of years.
9. If you fake laugh long enough, you’ll actually start to laugh really hard.
10. A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
11. Also, a group of pugs is called a grumble.
12. And a group of ferrets is called a business of ferrets.
13. When you were born, you were, for however brief an amount of time, the youngest person on the planet.
14. Puffins mate for life.
They even make little cliffside homes with a room for a toilet!
15. And baby puffins are called “pufflings.”
16. The official “Space Jam” website hasn’t been changed since 1996.
17. A chemical called oxytocin is released when people cuddle, helping to heal physical wounds.
18. Cows have best friends.
According to scientists at Northampton University, cows have BFFs and are stressed out when away from them.
19. Turtles can breathe through their butt.
20. Alexander Graham Bell originally wanted people to greet each other on the phone by saying “ahoy!” instead of “hello!”
21. Rats laugh when tickled.
22. In 1957, the BBC ran a story about how spaghetti was growing on trees in Switzerland. So many people believed the hoax that the BBC was flooded with calls from people asking how to plant their own spaghetti tree.
The BBC’s response was simply, “Place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best.”